Monday 15 July 2013

Thailand!

So I've left OZ for a bit and now I'm in Thailand for a little while.

Totally different culture from Australia!

I'm currently based in Bangkok and it's one extreme to another here, you see so much poverty on the street, but then just round the corner there's a massive shopping centre that's really luxurious with huge designer names!

There's LOTS of shops here, so if you like shopping Bangkok will be right up your street. There's also lots of markets, all over the place (and I mean all over, every inch of pavement is covered with market stalls!)

The hotels are really luxurious, the people are nice and polite and everything is really cheap.

Here's my hotel I'm staying in:

And here's a view of the street outside:

As you can see the traffic is pretty mental, it's like this most of the time, day and night!

Not a bad view from my hotel room:




And here here's my room:


 
And here's some pictures of my room mate :)


 
 
 
 
 
The local transport is either a taxi, bus, motorbike, tuck tuck or sky train! in this picture you can pretty much see all those forms of transport in one image!

here's what Tuck Tuck looks like:


There are lots of vendors on the street or even street restaurants that you can eat at, the nicest Pad Thai I've had so far has been from a street restaurant!
 
This is a street restaurant across the road from my hotel.


My favourite place in Bangkok is the Siam Paragon. It's a huge shopping centre (kind of like a Trafford Centre, but doesn't spread out as far, it tends to go up instead of out!). It has lots of shops, restaurant a supermarket, and a massive cinema complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment