Saturday 21 September 2013

The Bridge, The Pylon, Circular Quay, The Rocks, The Opera House & The Botanical Gardens

Throughout the week my parents went on trips and explored Sydney while I was at work :( on their last Saturday I took them around Sydney to show them some places they'd hadn't already been.

Because my mum missed the Bridge Climb I took them a walk along Sydney Harbour Bridge. You get amazing views of the Opera House and Circular Quay from there.






Because we'd done the bridge climb we got free tickets to go up one of the pylons at the base of the bridge, so we used the 2 tickets that me and my Dad got from the climb and thanks to Jon going home we used his ticket for my Mum! Thanks Jon (you snooze, you loose :) )

The pylon gives you information on how the bridge was built, but also gives you amazing 360oC view from the top.







We than had lunch in a German restaurant at The Rocks and walked around Circular Quay, past the Opera House and into The Botanical Gardens.





There's always something going on in Sydney and this particular weekend was an Art theme, so to mark the occasion they put big Yellow snails all around the city!



My Mum doing a pretend pose and I quickly snapped the picture when she didn't think I was going to! She's going to kill me for putting this on here!!


So here's the proper one.

They also put some strange mirror things in the park





It was very disorientating walking through the middle of them.


We had a really good day and my parents saw a lot of sights they hadn't seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment